Popular Posts

Tuesday 28 July 2015

What I want my Mumma to do…

Mumma dear,
Please come near,
And hear my words in your ear.

I love the way,
You tuck me in my bed,
After a long tiring day,
And sing me a lullaby ahead.

I still look forward,
To hear stories,
Of your fantasies,
And childhood memories.

I want you to sit with me,
Spare some moments,
Play some games,
When my siblings are away from me.

On table, we should discuss,
What all can we do,
During coming up weekend,
Making out do my best friend.


Now, this is an urge,
Desire to take charge,
Of my timings,
For my play innings.

Once in a while,
You can cuddle me tight,
Under the warm quilt,
While watching cartoon in night.

Mumma dear,
I am happy to eat healthy,
I swear!!
But let it loose at times,
And allow me to have junk in prime.

Mumma said, “Any other requests?”
I said, “Yes, yes, yes.”


2 comments:

  1. Very nice poem. I noticed that you are more inclined towards mother's love. I think you can write a poem on every angle of mother-child relation from an unborn child to having a grandchild. I am sure you too have a mother's mind. At last, very beautiful work from you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anuj for your encouraging words. Mother Child love is my favourite topic to write poems. It has so many dimensions that the topics are endless and I being very close to my mom, love expressing this beautiful relation through my poems. :)

      Delete